11 December 2021

I enjoyed this week's study, "A Journey of Gratitude."  Some things that touched my heart were reminders of things I already knew.  Others were new concepts and ideas.

First, “An Attitude of Gratitude” by Thomas S. Monson was a great reminder of everything I have in my life to be grateful for: my family, friends, opportunities, and especially my Savior, Jesus Christ.  Having gratitude can change a terrible day into a joyful experience.  I am very blessed in my life, but I tend to focus on what I DON'T have, leaving me dissatisfied.  Focusing on thankfulness keeps me satisfied.  Thinking of all God has blessed me with makes me feel humble.

Second, Stan Christensen advises finding a job that is fun and enjoyable.  I have experienced this in a few jobs I have had in the past.  When the job is fun, I love to be there and help contribute to the business's success.  As I reflect on past jobs, I remember the feeling of peace and satisfaction I would get at work. So I agree with Stan Christensen that finding a fun and enjoyable job is important.

Lastly, Larry North said to wake up with a good attitude every day.  He said that means believing in yourself and the people around you.  Believing in myself is something I am trying to improve.  Going back to school has helped me grow confident that I can do anything if I work hard and keep my mind open.  I have learned over the years that trying something new is scary, but it always brings new growth and strength.  I think believing in myself is knowing that I can do anything I want to do as long as I have the right attitude, work hard every day, enjoy what I do, and thank God for every experience and blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog